Common Sense Mobility
The debate about transportation in this city pits one mode of transportation against another. This is the wrong approach. Citizens use all different modes of transportation based on what is most convenient to them for a given purpose:
- Parents drive to work because they have obligations such as early morning hockey practice, or day-care drop-offs.
- Other commuters take the C-Train as an efficient mode to get to where they need to be.
- Many health and environmentally conscious people ride their bikes where they can, while others view it as a recreational activity, or something only for the warm months of summer.
- People use taxis to get where they need to go conveniently and safely.
- Different days and different purposes for travel require different modes of transportation.
Let’s bring common sense to the issue of citizen mobility. The city should be more responsive to how people get from place to place and figure out the best way to make that transportation convenient, safe and affordable, REGARDLESS of the mode they choose.